A Wearer of Many Hats
Do you sometimes find yourself "Going Around in Circles"?
Maybe you're just trying to do too much? Too many projects or tasks at one time?
The days where you may have a "TO DO" list, a plan for your day but you just can't seem to get into that groove. You find yourself fluttering from one area of a room to another or as you sit at your desk aimlessly moving papers from one spot to another.
I have often been a culprit to many of these.
So what are the solutions when you are having such a day? How do you control the circles?
- If you can set aside some of the items on your to do list for later or even for another day, do so - Know that the chore or "TO DO" list patrol will not be knocking at your door.
- To quiet your mind, write your thoughts on paper or in a journal. Take a break and work on a hobby or non challenging craft.
- Sit quietly with a book or listen to music while sipping a cup of tea or coffee - This should help to navigate your mind into a different realm.
- If you are multi tasking you need to stop and concentrate on the most important task at hand - Most experts will tell you that multi tasking is not efficient. This does not mean that while a task is completing itself such as a load of laundry, running of the dishwasher or printing a document you can't be working on a task that needs your full attention.
- I like to set my phone timer for 20 to 30 minutes at a time and I usually start with a concentrating task, reading, writing or working on a creative project for that 20 minutes or so. Once that time is up I reset my timer and try to do something a little more physical, picking up or cleaning something around the house or the yard. Getting up and moving in between your sitting sessions will have many health benefits. For me it works, it really helps my concentration and keeps my energy level going.
You alone know your capabilities. But remember that we all need to reassess our lives from time to time, learn to slow down and take better control.
Declutter Your Mind: How to Stop Worrying, Relieve Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Thinking and
10-Minute Mindfulness: 71 Habits for Living in the Present Moment both by S.J. Scott and Barrie Davenport
I welcome any questions, sharing or comments you may have.
By Danielle Manibog
"It's all about the small things in life 'tidbits' that make us who we are"
Be the Change and Follow your Road.
© Copyright 2012-2021 Danielle Manibog. All rights reserved.
"Did you know there's a difference between being busy and being fruitful?
Did you ever stop to think that just being busy running around in circles all day
but not accomplishing anything is the same as wasting your time?
It's frustrating to expend so much energy and time
and not have any fruit from your effort! ”~ Joyce Meyer